CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Updates

Bailey had a hard cast put on last Monday and she's been getting around pretty good. There are a few spots on her foot and her leg that the cast has rubbed raw, so she's a little sore, but other than that no complaints.
The x-ray was also done on Monday and the radiologist found nothing. Yep, a big old fat NOTHING!
So we went back to the pediatricians office and didn't know what to do. Bailey still wouldn't walk on her leg or put pressure on her foot at all, so we had no other option than casting it. The doc did explain that with Toddler Fractures, it is very common not to be able to see the fracture on the x-ray, because there are so many tiny bones in their legs. We will have it x-rayed again in 3 weeks and see if we can see where the bone ossified or healed.
If you know me well enough, you know that I am huge ball of stress!!! Luckily she will only have to wear the cast for a total of 4 weeks, I was worried that I might be in real trouble if the baby comes early. I don't know what I would do if I had a newborn baby and a toddler in a cast. Shoot  Hug me now!

I have also requested that her pediatrician do some blood tests to make sure there isn't something very seriously wrong. He told me that if she had low bone density or even Leukemia that it would be apparent on the x-rays that we have had done. Thank you God!
They will be checking her liver, spleen, a few other organs and also checking her levels of calcium. I will keep everyone posted on those results.

The pregnancy is still going as expected. I am very done! I've got everything ready, so I just sit and twiddle my thumbs and the anxiety builds. It's hard to believe people still want to be around me. Sorry guys. :(

So this week the names contenders are: Hadleigh, Samantha or Halle

0 comments:

Post a Comment